Sunday, January 10, 2010

Octopus's Garden

..."We would be so happy you and me!" I think the song fits this painting nicely.
I have been waiting for a sunny day to photograph it but I don't exactly live in Phoenix so I just dragged it out into the driveway today and snapped a few pictures of it anyway.

These are just a couple of elbow shots I took, the rest is yet to come. A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to have a bit of fun and paint something new for our entryway.
I'm no art purist, I mostly make to decorate. Picasso has a quote that says art is either plagiarism or revolution. I hate to disappoint but I don't think this falls into either...Just something perty.
It's a 2 piecer so I will take a picture of the whole ensemble when the sun decides to smile on me.

*Did anyone catch the new phrase I made up? Elbow shots: noun, a picture taken at an angle. You can use it if you want.

1 comment:

  1. is it okay that i want to have babies with all your paintings?? can't wait to see this one in person. xo, meg

    ReplyDelete