Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St Patty's!

I love St. Patrick's Day!
I don't know how the Irish get such awesome participation for their holiday, but it seems like when March 17th rolls around everyone* is ready to wear green and party.
And I cannot resist a reason to holiday!
So, first things first, I've got my green scarf on (don't want to be pinched! Although, frankly I would probably just get excited that somebody is also taking this holiday seriously). Greta and I took an educational trip to Whole Foods to learn about Soda bread, and buy things like Dubliner cheese, hard cider, and something green to leave for the neighbors.
Then tonight we will feast on Corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes and eat it heaven knows where. Our downstairs is currently under heavy renovation as we (or rather Kent, my dad, and our guy friends) ripped out all of the old slate downstairs which leaves us without flooring for the time being. That business is a post of it's own, but in the meantime it would be sufficient to say that we are taking all of our meals in our rooms.
What are you doing today?

*excluding my dear husband. "Are you wearing green?" were the first words out of my mouth this morning (showing a remarkable dedication to the holiday if I do say so myself as I was mostly asleep.) He appeared unimpressed by the idea. Probably, they don't pinch at Microsoft...something somewhere about harassment.

No comments:

Post a Comment