Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Extra Extra!

...Read all about it, parents (experts) agree, baby is more remarkable than otherwise thought possible!

Yeah, it's true what you're hearing in the news nowadays, Greta is exceeding even our expectations of clever and cute.
 We were in Chipotle the other day, loving the fact that Greta now feeds herself, when she took it one further. Having her fill for the moment she puts down her fork, picks up a napkin from the table and wipes her face with it.
"What the What!?"
Not just a careless smother, but after several times it became clear that as she applied the corner of her napkin to the corners of her mouth, she was in fact displaying TABLE MANNERS*.
So I did what any parent would do and spent the rest of my dinner taking pictures of her wiping her face.
This, and the fact that when she gets a hold of paper towels now she starts scrubbing the nearest surface (one of my favorite...I'm not kidding...things to do) has me near bursting with pride.
Be still my heart.

*Although independent napkin use is an integral part of proper table manners, so is not screaming for the application of more food to high chair tray....we are still working on that.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't be prouder. Sans the unfortunate panda bear debacle, and the fact she wanted Meg to hold her more than me at Easter, I think she is pure and absolute perfection.

    ReplyDelete