Thursday, July 26, 2012

July has come and almost gone...


We have been to so many BBQs, the mighty cheese burger is starting to become taken for granted, and I wonder if that 3 Grain Salad I make when invited anywhere...you know the one, will ever taste new and exciting again. (Don't stop inviting us to your BBQs...this is not a complaint, but a very normal feeling for me nearing August. I need to overdose now in order for the good summer vibes to carry me all the way through the rainy months ahead.)
The weekdays have settled into a nice predictable rhythm, feedings, naps, and upsets all happen like clockwork. Mostly the days are a treat, but it's always a relief when Kent comes home and I can go brush my teeth.
Greta is growing up faster in July...why is that? All this sun and fresh air is probably to blame. I can't believe she is preparing for preschool in only a few months, and how grown her little mannerisms are becoming.
And Oliver smiles on. That's what he does mostly...and eats a lot.
Which is how, although I don't usually have time to brush my teeth, I have motored through something like 7 books in a matter of weeks. The trick is to hold book open with right hand, flip pages with right thumb, and feed Oliver with the left.
Not blogging much lately, and so briefly, I'm afraid I'm not painting a very clear picture of these special moments and changing times, things I'll want to remember years from now.
But the cost of sitting down to collect my thoughts (which takes a while) and write a blog is very high right now. It means shutting myself in a room by myself, at the end of the day, when our time is not divided among the kids, (and amounts to something like a very precious hour).
It's saying no to something like a game of cards, or a fun conversation with Kent, or luxury of all luxuries watching something on hulu together while eating something...I don't care what. I just like to eat foods late.
I'm paying the price now because I'll want to remember feeling this way (I guess?) and for heaven's sake it's been a long time, and I couldn't keep these adorable pictures to myself any longer.



2 comments:

  1. oh my heavens...these pictures melt my heart! Such a very sweet boy. Auntie Juice loves you Oli!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful little man! Wow, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete