Monday, January 28, 2013

I see you!




































I've been in a bit of a creative rut. And all that really means is that I have not been seeing things with creative eyes.
Lately, Kent and I have been very practically tending to Oliver who's nasty little cold (the one he was guaranteed to get after chewing on seats at the airport and high chairs at Disneyland) has introduced itself to his little gut and he has not stopped pooping for 7 days now. It's real hard to find that spark in life when there's 24/7 poop. poop. poop. (He's sleeping right now...but not really, he's probably pooping. And soon he will wake up poor thing and be all " Mom and Dad do something with this poop would ya? And then prepare my butt with 3 kinds of moisture wicking products for my next poop, also, you might want to spoon that poop into the sample jars the Dr sent home with me before you wash up. Thanks, zzzzzzzz.  Just joking, poop.")
And I didn't really notice I was missing that creative spark until I dragged myself back to work on some design projects (vacation officially ends tomorrow!) and found the best 4 part color combo which perked me up a little, and then boy did those colors look good with that font, and hey colors and words I forgot about you! And soon those boring old "sees what it needs to" eyes of mine started to open up a bit, and as I'm looking around for the first time in a little while the question needs to be asked. What else have I been missing?
Too much probably. But there are a few little things I've overlooked today and the last little bit, that with proper sight I find noteworthy.

-Oliver has the most adorable eyebrows. Right now as he sleeps poops, I see him in my mind as just his adorable round face and those inquisitive little eyebrows. They are almost always raised and questioning. "Is that funny? Am I going to cry about that? Are they going to feed me that anytime soon? Will that little girl always be my best friend?" and when he smiles and laughs, (which is a lot) they make him look so impish, it's almost unnerving.

-Greta has discovered the joy of a skirt that spins and swirls. I never had to tell her how lovely a full skirt feels as you dance and spin, she discovered it all on her own, as so many little girls do. And a dress that has a skirt "That goes faster and faster" is a daily dress requirement these days.
However, she's a jeans and converse girl with maybe one dress that fits that description. So today we bought a $5 purple velvet dress at a consignment shop that has been dubbed her Princess Dress. It is for wearing at home only, and the full skirt with 4 layers of tulle and fabric is just right for when a girl wants to swish and spin.

-Here is where I come up with some little insight about Kent or myself, but time presses and he is on his way home...there's his key! And I'm eager to see what fun we can have when we open our eyes and see things a little brighter.


Ps- This is a picture of Greta's "Pinoculars", which she made at preschool and LOVES.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, Toilet Paper Roll "Pinoculars"...Brennan has a pair just like 'em! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete