Friday, November 8, 2013

Cast of Characters

Today was a one slipper day.  I'm calling it that because I am currently writing you a total mess and  wearing only one slipper.
Several times today, (as a matter of fact it was each and every time I walked and realized I was limping)  I thought "maybe just put on the other slipper?" but I continued to remind myself that as I had clearly given up on the day around 9:00am, who cares? It was an outward sign of the madness within.
And there was no good reason for this rotten day, so let's not go any deeper than necessary. But on days like these, where I feel like not one tangible thing was accomplished, I like to put in a blog post.
I get an amazing sense of satisfaction from putting up a post. Kind of like what you feel when you have invested in something for the future. I really look at this blog that way, something I will want to read, remember, cherish in the future. The good and the bad. (But let's be honest, I don't write about 80% of the bad...or good. Just a little glimpse every now and then.)
So here are a few notables.
Oliver is the Potato Czar.
One of his favorite things right now is the russet potato in the corner cupboard*. That potato and him really know how to play.
It's a lot of holding, and snuggling it up to his face, talking on it like a phone, and then ultimately tossing it and laaaaaaughing, tossing it and laaaaaaughing, tossing it and laaaaughing. Distributing potato dust all over the cushions.
So everyday there's the potato, add the blousy white shirt, stretch pants, and black ugg-like boots (which the male contingent of the house has deemed extremely unmanly, but I'm like what's manlier than a czar?) and you have the Potato Czar.

Greta is The Little Mermaid.
Pretty self explanatory for a 4 year old girl. Ariel is everything, to be happy is to be singing "Part of Your World" under the dining room table, and monologing the movie on the toilet for 30 minute stretches. She is often not a part of our world.
I'm The Mess with One Slipper, whose tattoo sleeve from Halloween still lingers all sad and splotchy, but I ain't care. 
Kent rounds out this cast of characters as Beloved and Benevolent Diseased Man. (We can joke now.)
Who comes home to us every day, bless him.
And that's it, that's the full cast.
Tomorrow my dad will be coming for a visit, to add that special laid back spice of his to the mix.
It should be a good weekend with this crew.


*The contents of which get more play time than anything in the toy basket. Boy loves to bring out the pantry items and spruce up the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment