Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sneak Peek!

4 days until my shop update!
So I have been a busy bee, drawing, painting, and photographing my work. I am really excited about this next batch of Hello Grey Day.
My work this time is on the most delicious paper! It is so buttery smooth I want to eat it and roll around on it simultaneously. (having in reality done neither, I have in no way compromised the quality of my new paper.)
It is called Aqv-de-blooh-blah blah, or something french, here is a picture.
It had me at hello. It is a block of paper with all of the sheets bound together, so that as you paint on the top it doesn't curl or bend from the water. Then when it is dry you just carve the top sheet off! Brilliant! It has revolutionized my doings around here and eliminated the 'press in books' step.
Not too mention it is just divinely smooth. Too give you an idea if card stock and heavy whipping cream met, fell in love, and had offspring, this paper would be the fruit of that union.
So, you can imagine my excitement!
My 'happy place' trees, on this heavenly paper, in my favorite spring hues...and voila you have a sneak peek at my new illustrations.
There will be several of these 7x10 originals in my shop as well as some small little gold embossed cards for a-framin' and a-mailin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment