Saturday, January 22, 2011

Printing

Printing is always the worst.
The majority of my time on a project is never spent on designing it always gets gobbled up in the printing process.
Color changes, layout changes, printer errors, finding a print shop, finding a better print shop, etc.
This last week has been a lot of the above.
All done at odd and in between hours since Thing has gone the whole week without a nap time (aka my office hours).
But, I haven't a printed thing to show for it! Yet I am over the moon excited and here's why. Since I haven't been able to find a print shop that suits my needs I have decided (under the advice of my esteemed colleague and husband) to wash my hands of them all and start doing my own printing.
In house, archival, pigment based, not-your-momma's, printing.
Where each print comes out museum quality, and ready to display for a lifetime (technically two.)
The only disappointment is that we won't have our new set-up sent and ready to rip for another week or two.
Which will mean a small delay on my shop opening. Boo. C'est la vi.
I will re-post when I know a good solid date for the new Etsy Shop Update. Until then I may even have time to work on a few more authors. I'm thinking of one in particular....

Ps- Doing my own printing will also mean I can offer custom colors, for you tame folk who don't want a pink Tolstoy.

1 comment:

  1. Your own printing how cool!! I bet the equipment is pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete