Today we celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary.
We started the evening with a visit to the beach where Kent proposed. Have I told you that story? I will have to write up a recap sometime. It's too good a story to whiz through right now, but I will.
There were a few differences visiting it 5 years later. For one, it was freeeeeezing cold. (Not quite the beautiful June sunset of yore.) And probably most notably, this time I was great with child and not quite as spry. But, what does that matter when I'm happier and more in love now.
Afterwards we went to a Virginia Beach Legend called Steinhilber's for dinner. The food was out of this world! The wait staff made you feel so spoiled, and there was so much charm in that old Virginia house with its blazing fireplace and Christmas garlands that we were easily bewitched into romantic conversation and great big belly laughs that lasted all through the night.
It was such an enchanting evening. I think I will still be smiling when my head hits my pillow.



Sounds like a great celebration!! How fun to be able to be back there for your 5th year!!!
ReplyDeleteFive years...wowsers. I remember your wedding like it was 5 MINUTES ago. You were such a lovely bride and I was honored to be there on your super special day. I love you, you know.
ReplyDeleteThanks you guys!
ReplyDeleteJuice- Isn't it crazy to think that just 5 years ago I woke up in your pink bed (because it was December and the basement was freezing) for the last time.
Actaully, now that I think of it, that seems like ages ago!...Only 5 years:)
Oh, come now! We both know you slept in my bed year-round!! Don't blame it on December :)
ReplyDeleteI love you, you know.
We do have some pretty spectacular memories, don't we?