Monday, March 5, 2012

Bird Chatter.



































 Hold the phone everybody! Do you know what I just heard?
I just stuck my head out the front door to be absolutely sure... But I heard the chirping of birds! The very first chirping of the year. Spring must be around the corner, and Oliver too.
When I sit and imagine having Oliver in our lives, it is newly May and Spring has arrived.
There are flowers on tables and next to sinks instead of Winter candles.
The window in the kid's room is open (and slamming all the doors of the upstairs when a breeze kicks in just right). But the whole upstairs smells like delicious Washington Spring. Washington Spring has the same magical scent every year (to me) . It smells the same as when I was 6, and playing dolls in my room on Avellana Circle with the window open (and the doors upstairs slamming when the breeze kicks in just right.)
And we are taking him to the Farmer's Market! Which will have just reopened and will be God's special treat for me for going through the ordeal of delivery.  Oliver's squishy little newborn frame is tucked into the sling as we walk by stalls and stalls of flowers, vegetables, fruit, and bread.
Even the birds are telling me that these things aren't too far off.


image via Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment