Friday, March 2, 2012

Our Week in Instagrams


Yes, although our trusty camera is back in spells*. I really use my phone a lot more frequently. And if I ever wonder, "What did I even do this week?" A look at my phone's picture history, is pretty trustworthy at telling the tale.

1.  Oliver, Boots, Boots-Baby, "Bootsy" Walter completed his 30th Week. And he is still the kicking-est baby around. It's almost alarming.

2. This week Greta's been...
Reading: Miss Suzy (That sweet little domestic squirrel)
Singing: this Heffalump Song by Carly Simon
Saying: Cawn't instead of Can't because she loves Kipper the dog and that's how he says it.
Eating: Her usual picky fare, but with the exciting new additions of oranges, raisins, (old favorites, but they have long been out of favor) and a voluntary bite of a fresh (unwashed) mushroom! To which she kindly replied "I think maybe I don't need the rest of that."
But we love to see that adventurous spirit!
                                     
3. Sunday evening to celebrate the Oscars (which I alone celebrate in our house, but the rest of the family humors me.) We went to the store and picked up the most delightful spread of treats to eat for the occasion. Kent performed executive chef duties (as he didn't care a fig about what people were wearing, and I did, and wasn't about to miss any of it.) He made a beautiful mache salad with specialty bacons, tomato, avocado, and shaved cheese, hand tossed -with the care you give young living things- in a homemade balsamic dijon vinaigrette. For encore there was warm baguette, Port Salut Cheese, and strawberries. A glass of the baby pinkest grapefruit Italian soda. And to bed our palettes back down and promise sweet dreams, we ended the night with Creme Brulee.
Oh, I'm hungry now. Best night of food I have enjoyed in a long time!

4. Today Greta and I have been exploring our most complex feelings as we discuss the contents of our board book "Baby Happy, Baby Sad."

And that's the week at a glance. Tomorrow my Dear Friends Leslie and Meg are throwing Oliver and I a little shower. I'm tickled pink! All the details have been shrouded in deepest darkest mystery, so all I know is to arrive at 1:00 with a Boots in my belly.
Will do!

* It's still a dog and pony show. "Charge up the camera dear! I want to take a picture today."

No comments:

Post a Comment