Friday, April 6, 2012

In bed.

 
I'm in bed sipping on one of those giant plastic mugs with the crinkly straws they give out at the hospital. Which can only mean we've had a recent trip to labor and delivery. But don't worry, no baby! You'd have heard the trumpets and fanfair if Oliver was born.
But I was feeling pretty rotten on Wednesday, (back aches, fever,chills) and only feeling worse throughout the day so we went in to make sure Boots and I were ok.
And with all our false alarms, I'm so glad we did. My fever was stressing him out some (I can only imagine. I was hot on the outside, he must have been sweltering on the inside!) And despite all my efforts to drink and drink, I was as dehydrated as a fish out of water. At least that's how it felt.
So long story short, after 3 liters of IV fluids, lots of tests, and monitors going beep beep, the labs came back with the surprising conclusion that I have H1N1. Hello? 2009 called and wants its epidemic back.
Both Kent and I were not expecting that. And we got the impression that everyone was ready to see the back of us after the prognosis. And I don't blame them! You don't want the swine flu around little babies and pregnant ladies.
So as fast as they could prescribe Tamiflu we were on our way back home.
Thankfully, the medicine seems to be working and Oliver seems to be none the wiser today.
And the greatest comfort to come out of it all has been my mom:)
She's been here the last two days to watch Greta (who has been having a blast with all that Grandma attention!) On top of cooking and cleaning and setting things to rights so capably that I have nothing left to do but rest and be so thankful.
Hoping to be on the mend soon!
 
Image via pinterest (I can't find the photographer though...)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Yuck! So sorry to hear about the swine flu. Remember when we went to Paris and the Bird Flu was running rampant?? I'm glad you went and got checked out so you could start feeling better. AND...Bless your precious Mama! So many fond memories of being pampered by that lady :) Love her and love you, you know!

    Can't wait to hear the trumpets upon Oliver's arrival!! :)

    -Juice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is crazy skirst!! I hope you are doing better now!

    ReplyDelete