Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Longest Day

Oliver is 2 1/2 weeks old now*.
So, what have we been doing the last 2 weeks you might be wondering? Some of you with newborn experience don't wonder, but you would be right in guessing that we live in a perpetual cycle of feedings, burpings, changings, and holding our sweet child upright in times in between so he doesn't spit up his entire meal and hasten the process all over again.
I can best describe the last two weeks as one giant day with periodic naps in it.
As I write this I'm looking around me wondering where on earth May went and shocked by the audacity of June who springs itself on us so unlooked for.
My recovery has been slow, so we haven't yet quite made it in to society. But we have enjoyed a number of drop in visitors who have come to help us celebrate our new arrival with well wishes, trinkets, and meals (THANK YOU!).
My mom and dad, have taken turns staying with us these first two weeks to help play with our Greta Girl, manage the house, and take care of our sorry looking selves (WE ARE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!).
This week we are joined by Kent's parents all the way from Virginia!
And Oliver greets all the family in the same way. Snuggles, and spit ups. You can't call yourself acquainted until you've been spit up on by Oliver.
Here, Grandpa and Peggy are becoming such friends. (Note the change in outfit after the first picture...Oliver greeted them with gusto.)










 *And an honest 11 pounds (on an empty stomach)...I find this humorous because I keep hearing of 2 month olds that weigh 11 pounds.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my stars...I can hardly hold in my love! He is so precious and he looks so SOFT! His hair just looks so shiny and smooth. I want to kiss his sweet blonde head!! I love you, Oliver! I would gladly take a "spit-up" Hello from you any day! xoxoxo,
    Auntie Juice

    ReplyDelete