Monday, November 12, 2012
6 months!
Oliver's 6 month fast facts:
-He is so perfectly happy. He smiles with his whole body. He grins, then his eyes join in and his chin disappears into his neck, he balls up his fists, squirms, and thrusts his body out like he just can't contain all his perfect happiness! I don't think you can find such pure and innocent joy anywhere else on this earth. Gah! babies!
-He is eating solids now. Every solid! Veggies, fruit, meat, everything except some Gerber mess called Chicken Mango Risotto. It smelled like dirt, so I can't really blame him.
-Solid foods mean he has finally ceased being hungry overnight and we are getting some rock star sleep out of him. Hello world, it's been a while.
-He is rolling and scooting. Watch out package of baby wipes, he's had his eyes on you for weeks.
-He has eyes for Greta. When she walks into view, his face is so radiant with love for her. It's a mixture of joy, admiration, amazement, and a little "please please notice me!" I don't think Greta understands or appreciates what a gift that is. I just hope he keeps a little of that face for her down the road, and that she would learn to treasure it.
-He saves his heartiest laughs for daddy's tickles, flips, and whiskers.
-He weighs a little shy of 21lbs, and I can no longer carry him around in his car seat without leaning 45 degrees the opposite direction. There's got to be a better way.
-He is 27.5 inches long
-His head is 18.5 in... still in the 100th percentile.
(That hat he is wearing was found in the pre-teen boy's section in Target, to give you an idea.)
Well, I don't know where the time has gone. But somehow I have spent the last 6 months burying my face in his chubby, slightly sticky cheeks.
Happy Half Birthday Oliwog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You make the snuggliest babies with the cutest cheeks! Oliver is just so sweet. Can't wait to play soon! xo, Meghan
ReplyDelete