Hello!It's been an awesome few weeks of kicking back and enjoying the clean new start to the year.
I used to get the-day-after-Christmas-blues real bad, but I'm finding now, that it looks a little more like the-day-after-Christmas-sigh-of-relief; it has taken me a few weeks to recharge my batteries.
And while we were recharging, we were also planning something really fun!
We are taking a trip to Paris this year!
Kent has been thinking (on the sly) about taking me for my 30th birthday for a few years now.
So, obviously, I am over the moon... and don't know when I'll be back.
To deal, we just talk about it constantly.
Kent's been google earthing the streets surrounding our apartment*, looking into museum passes, and updating passport info. I've been brushing up on french phrases, and euro to dollar conversions.
Doing this is really the only way to keep our lids on, so that when we see you we don't gush and generally be annoying about Paris this, Paris that.
The first time we went was 8 years ago, and it was a dream come true in so many ways.
But Kent and I weren't in a romantic place in our relationship yet. I hadn't realized that I loved him, (although the top of the Eiffel tower would have been the perfect place to figure it out. As it was, I ended up saying those 3 magic words a few months later, on a trip back from Walmart, with a pack of toilet paper and a bag of onions on my lap....nice.)
And still being in college, meant we were on a college budget, and not able to enjoy any of the amazing french wines either.
So this trip will be new and "grown up" in so many ways...ahem, 30.
Not a number I am supremely thrilled about, but I'd have to be an absolute ingrate to be any shade of blue about it, while walking the city of lights, holding hands with the man I love.
Nicely played Walter, nicely played.
Let's ease the old girl into 30 with a spoonful of sugar...or a pastry.
*The tiniest little place, on our favorite street in the 7th arrondissement .
image by
Oh. My. Gosh. HOW STINKING FUN. For our 10th anniversary, we are adventuring to a wonderful place called Seattle - ever heard of it? ;) To catch a rather large boat to Alaska. Wee! I can totally relate to the obsessiveness in up coming trip searches, convos, etc. Can't wait to see your recap on the blog once you return!
ReplyDeleteOh awesome! Everyone says amazing things about the Alaskan Cruise. It's supposed to be stunningly beautiful.
DeleteYou'll have to look us up when your here!
SO FUN!!! I want to go back with Derek too!! I miss you, you know.
ReplyDeletePS...are you going back to THE apartment??!
ReplyDelete