Sunday, March 9, 2014

Greta's World - at 5

One of the best things about watching your kids mature, is seeing how they perceive and react to the world around them. It is so fun and fascinating to watch a brand new thing discover life!
And since it's mostly grandparents reading this blog, I thought it would be fun to sit Greta down for a little impromptu interview.
So here's a quick little peek into the world that newly 5 Greta lives in:

-Hey Greta, what do you want to do when you grow up?
"I want to take care of children, and be a teacher. Well actually there are three things. Oh yeah, and be a ballerina, and a football player."

-What makes you happiest in the world?
"Playing with daddy when he's tickling me."

-What do you not like the most?
"When I don't get to do what I want to do. It's the worst."

-If you could have one superpower what would it be?
"Pixie dust I guess. To change stuff into crafts, paint, teacups, a pillow."

-Hmmm, what's another interesting question?
"Oh, a mountain question."
So, what's a mountain question?
"Oh, like what mountain would I climb, if I could climb a mountain."
Ok, what kind of mountain would you climb, if you could climb a mountain?
"A snowy mountain. Just snowy."

-Tell me about a funny time in your life.
"Playing silly games with Oliver."

-What's the grossest thing you can think of.
"Boogers."

-What does daddy do at his job?
"Work for money. Clicking some buttons on his computer. 
Does he do anything else?
"No, he just clicks buttons on his computer."

-Very last question. What is the very smartest thing you know?
My daddy.

-Parent's Pick!
A few weeks back Greta had a bad dream while sleeping in our closet...don't ask, she likes it.
Whispers... "Mommy...(no answer because I'm obviously sleep desperate)...Mommy....(gives sleepy attention to whispering girl) Mommy I recognize that there are pokey trees in my sleeping grotto."
(she has my attention now, because what the what?)
 "I recognize that there are pokey trees in my sleeping grotto."
As my brain starts to warm up to processing speech, I piece together pokey trees, the familiar nightmare of the week, and sleeping grotto. Oh, the closet she was sleeping in.
But the formality and the unusual string of all of it together made me chuckle. And I spent all the effort I could muster committing it to memory before falling back to sleep like a rock.
That's one for the book*.

*We have a book dedicated to the keeping of these treasures, for our rich entertainment in the future. Our neighbors gave it to us when Greta was small and it's called My Quotable Kid.  
It's a super simple layout, basically just a journal with spaces for the date and who said it. But it is fast becoming one of our most valuable books.

Ps- This all reminds me of this, have you seen it? Ah kids are the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment