Happy Spring everyone!
It is a bright, soggy, warm but slightly nippy, day in our parts.
We couldn't possibly stay inside this morning, so I put on my old gardening boots and took the kids outside to begin reclaiming the yard.
We made modest victories in the front flower planters, weeding and brushing away the old leaves and withered vines to expose new buds and healthy wormy soil. The ground is so waterlogged after our rains, that pulling weeds was a breeze!
This little victory gave me enough courage that when finished, I even went and tromped around in the backyard for a bit.
Truthfully, I've always been a little bit scared of our backyard. It's just so crazy wild. It's all hills and patchy grass, mulch, and plants put in odd places by the owner 20 years ago.
With the exception of putting in the deck and a play gym, we have never really tried to tame our backyard or make it our own.
So whenever I walk back there, I feel like I should whisper, like I'm trespassing on someone else's property.
It really is the final frontier for us, and I know I say it every year. But this is the year we will make our backyard our own!
Mark my words, change is a coming:)
Friday, March 21, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment