Friday, May 14, 2010

In the kitchen...

It has been a long time since I put that little extra love into Greta's lunches. Usually her lunch time is sandwhiched right in between the gym and nap time when I am all kinds of worn out and ravenous myself. So it's hello applesauce, garden burger,  or whatever else is handy.

So today I put on the little yellow apron that makes me feel so sunshiney and whipped her up something scrumptious, and most importantly packed with things that don't wrack me with guilt.
Carrots, spinach, herbs from the porch, shallots from the farmers market, and sour cream from, well Trader Joes.
Just a few things to trick her into healthy habits and jazz up the jarred tomato sauce and 3 packets of random left over noodles I've always kept for "next time".
I had so much fun that while the one hand was storing pasta lunches in cute little tupperwares I was taking out the furniture, mopping floors, marinating meat for dinner, and all other kinds of healthful wifely duties (that of course I do this time of day everyday...wink) with the other. And best of all having the grandest time. Sometimes just puttering around the kitchen is all I need in a day.

1 comment: