I came out of birthday weekend with some good reads!My in laws gave me a few books from the Coralie Bickford-Smith Series (love!) Because I totally
judge books by their covers. And these are fabulous!
I finally read Great Expectations (I have been holding out on Dickens as Kent has unflattering opinions of him, but why should I?) and Cranford (wicked boring) due to the lure of these charming covers. And I am currently plowing through a library acquired Emma (the slowest Austen) because they had a Bickford-Smith version, and my two paperbacks weren't doing the trick...the trick being me finishing them.
So, happy days are here again. I have been in a sort of book drought since I finished "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay", a tough act to follow, but with these and of course my new LOTR 50th Anniversary Edition with gorgeous fold out maps, I foresee more 2:00am curfews and lots of late night snacks in the near future. Like wine with a good meal. I find something toasted is the perfect reading companion.

No comments:
Post a Comment