Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thing.

I was reading another soulful entry of Cousin Sarah's yesterday about all the fun little pet names she has picked out for her sweet kids to come. From Little Orc to Youngling I loved them all, which really is no surprise to other word nerds out there. Don't you get such a thrill when you come across the perfect word summation for a person/place/thing?
So, naturally, we have about 20 pet names for Greta.
-The Barley, Greter, Greta-Bear, Greta-Bug, Bug, Thing, Thing-a-Ling, Baby, Baby-girl, Greta-Girl...
Probably the most commonly used as of late are Greta-Girl, (because I have always been Kirstie-Girl to my mom and don't we always just turn into our moms without knowing it?)
And Thing. Kent and I always thought it was such a funny pet name from Adam's Rib. Well it stuck, and while it may raise an eyebrow in the grocery store it is one of our most loving pet names.
Here are a couple of photos of Thing doing her thing today. 



































It's been tricky getting a good picture of her lately since the most unwelcome attitude has settled upon her the last week or two...or three. Call it molars, call it the terrible twos, call it 'has a cold' (I know I have been), but she has been one gusty little weather system and breaks of playful sunshine like this are so good for my soul.
Her Nana and Papa are arriving tonight from Virginia to spend some time with us, so here's to hoping for good weather this week!

4 comments: