Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Girl Crush: Julia Child

Some people, I just know we would make the best of friends if life only had arranged itself a little better. Julia Child is one of those compatible souls in my opinion.
I am currently reading her book "My Life in France" which chronicles her first step in and eventual love affair with la belle France.
She was a mammoth in the culinary world but didn't barely pick up a pan until she was 36*.Which I can only imagine attests to her incredible passion for food!
Also, as I read on, a happy mix of hard work, love for and from a marvelous man, as well as a child's optimism and knack for taking life as it comes.
She was just so zesty and fun! Oh, what pal-ing around we would have done, sharing our appreciation for food and France. Sigh.
Well, the best I can do now is start on those Julia Child cook books I have** and whip up something new and fantastic for my real world friends and family. Maybe I will even break out the copper pots à la Julia!

*Gives me hope for that baking I have meant to become accomplished at. Capital M Moms bake!
** One of which I inherited with her genuine John Hancock inside the cover!

3 comments:

  1. That is such a good book! I loved it so much. Enjoy -- Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an AUTOGRAPHED Julia Child cookbook? NEATO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun I might have to check out that book too! I loved the movie about Julie and Julia, so fun, I think I have watched about 4 times :) You will have to let us know what recipe you end up making!!

    ReplyDelete