Let's not get too excited, we aren't and won't be anywhere near this fantastic expression of patriotism.
We have a rich tradition of doing absolutely nothing on the 4th of July, calling it Bore-th of July*, and this year we won't disappoint!
Greta's nap time during the day time BBQs, and bed time during the night time fire works means our celebration looks like Kent and I playing Lego Harry Potter all day, and tiny Lego fireworks by night. (That and not talking about the actual Declaration of Independence to avoid the unpleasantness of disagreement that almost always follows.)
Perhaps more on that later.... I have gaming to resume.
*A saying coined in college when even when my roommate and I were young and completely fancy free we still managed to miss out on fireworks, get speeding tickets, and do absolutely nothing. So sad for a patriotic girl like myself.
image by pugetsoundblogs.com
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment