Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kid phase 1

Why is mobile so hard for me to say? Is it Mo-beel, Mo-bile, Mo-ble. I have settled on Mo-ble....but it still feels awkward...
I am in the midst of taking the "baby" out of Thing's room. Out with the baby toys, whoosh with the changing table (she's too long for it), fling with the dresser filled with tiny socks and hats...
We are entering kid phase1! I have my mind set on several little projects around Greta's room, but
I thought a small reading nook* would be a nice beginning.























































I made this mobile one afternoon out of sticks from the backyard and some paper and string. A fun and easy craft. Balancing the sticks took the longest, but I found it to be a relaxing way to spend a rainy afternoon.

*With Seabiscuit looking on to help her with the trickier words.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! When I have a kiddo, may you make them a twig mobile? And instead of mobile we will call it art -- so I don't have to worry about pronunciation. xo, Meg

    ReplyDelete