Monday, October 11, 2010

Getting the act together.

Confession: I have been secretly getting my act together without leaking any sort of hints via my blog so as to produce a "Ta-Daaaah!" effect when I was done.
I'm a card maker. I spent more time making cards for my friends in college than I spent on school work or any sort of grown up pursuits combined. But oddly, I have never sent out Christmas cards. Say what?
So this year I am getting my act together and planning for sending out cards before the usual scenario ( In which I realize Christmas was 2 days ago and resort to laying low for a time in hopes that in all the hub-bub of Christmas, and many merry wishes from their more diligent friends and family, our people will clean forget we exist until I can think up some surprising and thoughtful way to re-enter their acquaintance...say somewhere around St. Paddy's day.)
So begins my grand plan. This year I not only secured my success in sending out cards by beginning the process before the leaves turn gold enough for Halloween. But I made a production of it and made enough to sell.
This is where I go "Ta-daaaaah!"



So it has been all trips to the printers, shopping for envelopes in bulk, and card bundling around here. As I have every hope of putting them in my etsy shop by the end of the week.
For the next few days I'll share with you a closer look at each card so that by Friday, if you are like me and plan on getting ahead of the game this year, you can pick up a set and begin the relentless hunt for addresses...

3 comments:

  1. Oh yay! This just made my already espresso-jumpy heart skip a few beats. I am so glad I know where I am getting my Christmas cards this year! xo, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wee! Don't those look fun! fun! fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are Gorgeous!!! Also I still have the huge birthday card you made me in college and I say THANK YOU!!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete