Monday- It snowed last night! We haven't had snow since the fiasco revolving around Greta's birth. We were excited for this one.
It is our first snow in our first home where it's my turn to make things warm and pleasant, and Greta's first snow to marvel over (since being born in a snow storm doesn't count) and so it felt like my first snow in many ways.
I came into Thing's room this morning to share the good news with her. She looked out the window and went "Woooah." I said, Greta it's snow! "Yeah." Look at that isn't it great? "Yeah." What do you think? "Yeah."
Something about snow makes me feel like a child again. So I watched the Secret Garden like I did when I was a girl, and made soup to make the kitchen smell like it did when I was a girl, and jumped up and down on the balls of my feet at my window as I waited when I was a girl.
I checked up on my plants, they looked kind of funny in their "disguises", but I still recognized them as my old friends from last Spring.

The only draw about being a grown up in the snow is that you still have to go to work. And in the case of my boy who rides the bus, you get to get stranded and random bus stations without certainty of ever returning home.
The roads are bad and I am stuck home pining for him.
But, Thursday being the day it is, I am thankful to have someone to pine for.



Fun! early snow, my parents told me it was snowing, i didn't realize much stuck. I love the secret garden I will have to watch that again :)
ReplyDelete