Monday, May 23, 2011

Peony Season

Peonies are my favorite flower*.  They are so grand, sweet smelling, and unabashedly feminine (without being too formal like roses.) So when those magical 3 weeks out of the year come around when you can actually get your hands on them, I leap into action!
I bought a few stems and put one in by the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink, the table where we eat, and right by my bed so that I don't miss a minute of this Peony season.
I went on an overnight Women's Retreat this weekend and felt like I was being torn away from a whole day of precious blooming.
For me, Peony season is something to be savored, and remember back on in the frosty winter months when all you can find at the store are food color dyed daisies. So I take regular pictures (last years) and  bury my face in them and inhale sloooowly.
What's your Spring favorite?




*Besides the Ranunculus which claims the title "Favorite Everyday Flower" since you can get them almost any day. I like to think of them as Peonie's little sister.

1 comment:

  1. I also Love Peonie's, they smell so wonderful. I love enjoying the smell of sweet Honeysuckles on spring walks so fresh and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete