There was a lot of...
Me: What should we do next?
Them: What do YOU want to do next?
Me: Hmm, What should we eat for dinner?
Them: What do YOU want to eat for dinner?
Me: Greta smells unfortunate.
Them: I will hurry her away for a fresh change of pants, you just lie there.
And YOU'RE the birthday girl, and IT'S Mother's day
So I ate the things I like (Very Large Sandwiches, Chips and Guacamole, Mud Cake, Sparkling Cider, Tall One Pump Caramel Soy Lattes.)
Sat down a great deal, and toddled around town with The Weekenders** fulfilling whims.

Thank you to everyone who sent along Birthday/Mother's day wishes! And to my Dear Boy who catered to me so sweetly.
But, I am grateful it is Monday. And today I am just normal Skirst and have already changed two poopy diapers. Too much having it your own way can be a little stifling after a time.
I will just be storing up for next years Birthday-Mother's Day double header.
*Friends who I met in Junior High and have stuck together (although living in various states) through college, weddings, and now kids! We don't see each other nearly often enough, and we communicate mostly by text and fb now, but we always pick right up when we visit. I have a feeling we will still be keeping up with each other when we are a bunch of old biddies. Friendships like these are precious and few.
** Kent, My Dad, Cousin Sarah, Greta, and myself are the makeup of this little group. We get together so often for sleepovers on the weekend that I have started calling us "The Weekenders".



I love you friend! We all said we would be friends forever and our families would live on the same cul de sac. We've got the former down, not to work on the latter.
ReplyDeleteAhem. That should read "now," not "not." Totally gives the wrong impression!
ReplyDelete