Friday, May 13, 2011

Supercalafragalisticexpealadocious!






















Mary Poppins flew into our city yesterday and it was one of my greatest excitements to go and see her  opening night at the Paramount*.
Dad and The Boy pooled together to get tickets for me for my birthday present this year. (As I am both a huge musical theater fan and Mary Poppins devotee.) And boy what tickets! I can safely say that I have never sat in finer seats for anything in my life. The middle of the middle of the best seats in the house. (Those poor devils to my right and left missed out on the very middlest.)
The seats came with special Paramount Club Perks like hors d'oeuvres before hand in the private club room,  (where the season ticket holders check their coats and listen to jazzy old people music by candlelight.) We had our drinks waiting for us at the bar at intermission accompanied by tiny little desserts and (the best part) our own private bathroom so as to avoid the unfortunate line outside.
Schmancy!
And of course the show was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! With the most beautiful sets and the touches of magic and surprise you would expect from a story where hat stands come out of carpet bags.
I felt just like one of the (thousands) of little girls there with their parents, all amazement and ooohs and awwws.
And even now I am trying to remember back on all of my favorite bits to try and cement them in my flimsy memory. I want last night to be unforgettable.


*One of the lovliest theaters!

PS. Isn't hors d'oeuvres the most ridiculous word? I love French things and all, but you'd think we would have adopted a new (easier to spell) word for something so commonly used. I have to google, and copy/paste it every time.

1 comment: