Thursday, October 13, 2011

Can't seem to get enough.












































It's no secret we are nuts about the Beatles at our house. 
And while I have listened to Beatles music almost all my life, it's not really been until the last 10 years that I have jumped on board what seems to be an ever climbing escalator to Beatle Mania.
They just keep getting better the longer I have listened to them. How is no other music like that?
We've been collecting their records for years, but the last month or so there seems to be a concentrated effort between us to acquire everything the Beatles have had to offer the world. Who knows why, but
one by one the newly remastered albums are finding their way to us.
Walter 1: "I need to go to Target for...ummm... socks."
Walter 2: Yeees, socks, that's a good idea. I thought your old socks were looking a little thin.
Walter 1 comes back to the car with "Revolver" and "With The Beatles"...oh yes, and socks.
We are watching through the Beatles Anthology on youtube  (I smell an anniversary present.)
And relentlessly quizzing dear girl over her progress with Beatles face recognition. (Knowing their names is child's play, and besides knowing them already, she proudly told us at the dinner table today that "Ringo plays the drums." So clearly it's on to lesson two.)
But it was when I caught myself shopping this evening for Beatle Boots at Anello and Davide that I thought I had better take pause and evaluate the situation.
For one, I would look ridiculous in those boots.
And secondly, why was I upstairs researching historical footwear I could never afford (you know you are in trouble when they don't list prices but throw out vague details like "enquire by appointment".)
when I could be downstairs watching the second part of the Anthology.
I think it may be a sickness.

1 comment: