"Hey! Let's talk about me. I'm going to be a big sister!"
-Greta Girl August 2011
Greta is very excited to be taking on this new role as Big Sister.
At least as much as she can understand it. (I think we are all in for a surprise come May when this idea of another baby actually comes into play.)
But, it's nice to see her taking interest and proudly telling us that "I'm going to be a big sister!" and not immediately reverting to cat-like behavior for attention...which who knows, could very well still be in our future.
She decides the gender on a day to day basis. Last week it was a girl and yesterday she decided it was a boy. (Although not too much stock is being taken in her predictions since she also thought that mommy was a boy and grandpa was a girl that day.)
And she knows the baby's current residence well enough, or the neighborhood at least, since thank goodness the baby is not actually camping out in mommy's tummy. But, knowing the general area will give pats and good mornings and hi baby when she is feeling social.
And why not? They are going to be roommates you know, so let's start observing the niceties. I hope and pray that these two are going to be fast friends. And even if they are as different from each other as night and day, that they would still enjoy one another.
I think seeing how these two live and love each other will be one of the most exciting things that will happen to us in the next several years.
Friday, November 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sweet pic, it's so fun to hear how Greta talks about things:) I'm so excited for your growing family
ReplyDeleteGreta's sweet loving ways will be an instant sister bond to her new sibling, and I predict good times ahead, with no need for the kitty impersonations her grandma did when faced with a younger sister.
ReplyDelete