Monday, November 21, 2011

Preparations.

It is officially Thanksgiving Week! Which means I can finally hop to it and it won't be "too soon" to do this or that for Thursday.
To signify the start of the holiday race Colin (our turkey) arrived at our doorstep with a bang and a ring this morning.
His full name is Percival Gobblinger, but we his family (soon to feast on his bones) just call him Colin (affectionately) after this clip. It's quaint to think that last week he was gobbling around, wondering whether or not he was bothered enough to join the Occupy protests, little knowing he was destined to become the jewel of our Thanksgiving Feast.
And what a feast! This year we are pleased to be hosting. And I'm all a flurry with little plans and hopes for our first Thanksgiving at home.
I have wizened up since my last attempt at hosting several years ago. It all went well enough, except for in all my eagerness to play hostess in our tooth sized apartment, I neglected to delegate dishes to anyone else and neither kitchen or hostess were prepared for such a work load. There is one surviving picture of me that day and I was completely sweated through and looked very harassed. (A picture I keep as a reminder to myself when trying to Do it all.)
But this year, everyone is bringing something. I am only in charge of that which can actually fit in my oven or on my stove, the company is cheerful, and I'm predicting it to be a very joyful occasion.
Now to hop to!

image by Jen Huang

No comments:

Post a Comment