I've been a little off lately. Not bored, but feeling very boring...which I think is much worse.
Being bored can be fixed by simply finding an activity, but being boring is much trickier to address.
Your senses have been cruelly dulled and no activity under the sun is appealing to you when you suffer from boring.
And certainly no creative thoughts flutter in and out which is the very worst part of all the business of being boring.
For example, It's been over a week since I posted anything here in my little corner of the interwebs. No matter how hard I thought about it (which admittedly wasn't very hard) nothing jumped out as interesting to post.
And still, nothing does. But in the interest of being transparent, I thought I would at least give an update to my whereabouts -the couch, half participating in a tea party where all the attendees are imaginary family members.
And state of mind. -Boring and distracted. (Well I am desperately trying to collect my thoughts, write them down, and be gracious in accepting the correction of a 3 year old for spilling my "tea" .)
But all is not lost. I made a pink cake today!
I almost never bake (as I don't enjoy it.) But the unusualness of the task, the delicious smell, and the cheerful color made it just the thing to do on a day like today. Isn't it cheerful? And sprinkles! I think nothing is quite so cheerful and frivolous as multi colored sprinkles.
I'm hoping that this is just what was needed to turn the tide of my silly doldrums, and put me into a more "sprinkles" state of mind.
PS- As mentioned earlier, my camera met with an unfortunate sippy cup-splosion in my bag, and was unceremoniously drowned. BUT it has since rallied and comes back to us in spurts! (If I charge about every 10 minutes or so.)
And it was just about time. Although it's not the Queen's Choice, anymore moody instagrams and I think I was going to do something drastic.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It was good to hear from you, boring or not! I too have been suffering from boring and haven't blogged because everything including me is...boring. Perhaps a baking adventure will also correct this malady. xo Mistress Mouse.
ReplyDelete