Friday, March 16, 2012

Our week in Instagram.


This week was a loooong sleepy one. For one reason or another we were averaging 4 hours a night.
Good thing we have a few pictures to jog our groggy minds of the days events.
1. It started out well though! Monday was a banner day.
I was feeling up to my ears Sunday night with things to do, things I wanted to do. But they all involved working at a desk in solitude. Which is almost hilarious to ask for when you spend the day with a charming little 3 year old -that doesn't nap. (I can't even write this post without answering countless questions, half playing hide and seek (thankfully she doesn't seem bothered that I'm always sitting in the same chair as my hiding place), singing songs to her piglet, and eating her famous Strawberry Soup and other plastic concoctions whipped up in her kitchen.
So in swooped Husband (raucous applause!), who took a personal day off from work and took the little dear when the sun came up on a day of outings so I could simultaneously rest and work! They had a blast together (a bouncy house gym, Red Robin for pizza and a balloon, and the library to read books.)
And I had a whole blissful day to hole myself up in my office, be creative, and get things done!
Everyone won that day.
2. What I was mainly working on and one of my biggest projects lately is a branding redesign for my friend's awesome non profit Zimbags. More coming on that soon!
3. Oliver is 33 weeks tomorrow, and I have to crane my neck to visit my toes.
I've been having contractions for about a week now (that's not even newsworthy, Greta did the same thing for months before she was born.) But it wouldn't be one of our children if we didn't have a few very late trips to labor and delivery to be monitored. Thursday night I exceeded the number of contractions I should be having without coming in to make sure it isn't pre term labor. So we ended up at the hospital very late, very tired and (myself) very peeved that all the thunder he was making was only raising every one's alarms, and for no reason. Good news being everyone is healthy and well!
4. Greta woke up The last couple days feeling under the weather. So that means pajamas all day, special viewing perks, and eating on the couch in her beloved Orange Fox Bag. (A sleeping bag with a fox tail and cover that looks like a fox.)
So that's that, and thank goodness it's Friday!
I think Kent and I are going to unwind my making a Guinness cake for tomorrow's Irish Feast, and playing a little cards.
Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Greta looks so sweet, I love her dark hair in those little tight piggy tails! Ooh, perhaps she needs a sleepover at Grandma's? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, i love Greta's pig tails too!! So glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete