I hope you are all feeling the love. Do you have any special plans?
Today I think the kids and I will hug, sing gushy Disney princess songs, and get all sticky with sweets in our pajamas.
But tonight, I will put on my new pink dress, and Kent and I will go eat at our favorite Eastern European restaurant. There will always be romance where there is Stroganoff*.
It will always remind me of our honeymoon in Prague.
Where I heard my new name for the first time. (The driver who was hired to pick us up from the airport greeted us as Mr. and Mrs. "Volter"). And we spent our first Christmas together in our little stone apartment tucked away in that beautiful ancient city. We didn't have cell phones, internet, or anyone we could possibly know or bother to think about. It was just us two, and no one else mattered. So we walked the streets and bridges at night carefree, in love, and freezing to death.
Our life is a lot fuller now! And we have tons of people to think of besides ourselves. But maybe tonight, for at least an hour (if we eat slow) it will be just we two again.
picture source

Tiny pickles, you say?? Hmmm...I like pickles. But not sure how I feel about pickle Stroganoff. I would try it.
ReplyDelete