Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Fairy House

Four year olds are awesome. I love love this stage! Meals at the table (our meals!), no diapers, no language barrier, no problem! And lately every morning has been an honest joy to go into Greta's room and get her up for the day.
But before I do, I love to sit in bed and think about what kind of fun we are going to have together, and lately, we have been really enjoying two things in particular - crafts... and fairies.
And when they collide, it looks something like this.

Greta has been gobbling up the Tinker Bell stories about Pixie Hollow, so this week we made a little Pixie Hollow in the corner of our dining room.
Remember this teepee? Adding some twinkle lights, and bits and bobs, made it into a perfect little fairy house.
Every day we tack on something new. Paper flowers, a rain cloud, more leaves, or an orange for our resident butterfly.

His name is Butterfly-y. He lives on one of the vines of twinkle lights, next to the bell pull. He loves fruit and music, so when Greta sings to him he flies down into her hand for a rest and a chat.
I'm not sure who loves this house more, her or me. She goes inside to talk to herself, sing songs, and read along with her records.
And while I'm much too big to fit inside comfortably, I love breakfasting next to something so altogether sweet, innocent, and full of magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment