One of the things I like most about original artwork is how it keeps your home feeling fresh and alive*.
Recently (too recently) I started feeling that the giant Merry Christmas chalk picture hanging in the dining room was starting to loose it's freshness. It's March, go figure.
So I went ahead and glopped all of my favorite colors together, and painted this fun one to take its place.
It reminds me of a Michelle Armas painting, although truthfully I like hers more. But it was the night before we were having friends over for dinner for the first time. (Which is the number one best way to get projects done and the house clean.) And there wasn't time or money for buying something fabulously original, so all in all I'm pleased.
* Also, if you do it yourself it costs next to nothing! So it can be fun, and expressive, and not a huge commitment.
Thursday, March 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love it! And the famous frame...ahh! I miss you, you know.
ReplyDelete