So, maybe you have (or maybe you haven't) noticed that my author illustrations have been missing from my sidebar the last little while.
And upon further research, you've found that my etsy shop is altogether empty. Well I meant to tell you, I went ahead and put that on the back burner for the time being.
My plate after hours has been full (sometimes heaping) with creative pursuits, that keep me feeling challenged and in a way, whole.
One of which is Zimbags! See that cheerful little orange banner there?...on the right....there.
I've been spending a considerable amount of my time there.
It's an awesome non profit organization working to overcome extreme poverty in The Matabeleland region of Zimbabwe, by helping women earn sustainable incomes.
These women make beautiful handmade bags (or Zimbags as we call them), and then we sell them here in the states and send the profits back to them and their families.
I've been doing design and art direction for them for about a year now*, and it's been such a joy to work with these ladies. They are the funnest group of movers and shakers. They just get the job done. And they do it while working full time, getting MFAs, raising children, and loving on the women around them.
So, if your curious you should stop by Zimbags some time. Check out the blog and see all of the neat and exciting things that are happening around that little orange banner.
*Meg, is that right? How has it been a year?

No comments:
Post a Comment