Friday, April 26, 2013
Water play and a misadventure.
It has been sunny an warm 'round these parts.
Temperatures topping off around 70 in the late afternoon, which is just about where I start think "Ok, slow down here, we are good now, but we are also nearing my heat threshold."
So during Oliver's nap Greta and I will hang out on the deck. She will commence what we call Water Play. Which is essentially the placing and replacing of water into two or more vessels. It will go on for hours if left unchecked, and results in very pruney fingers.
All goes well, until the trusty stick you keep in the back sliding glass door slams shut on you from the inside, and you find yourself hopelessly locked out of the house while your sweet babe is inside the house, napping.
Awesome.
Even Kent didn't have his keys on himself at work. So really, the whole family (except for Oliver) had no hope of seeing the inside of our house ever again.
Although, honestly Greta could 't care less. She loves being outside, and couldn't understand why I had to be so crabby about it.
Well, a call to the locksmith, $200*, and 2 hours later we were back in our kitchen. Oliver slept through the whole thing, praise God, and Greta was ready to go back outside for more Water Play.
I keep the sliding door open now.
*OUCH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment