Yesterday was a happy birthday.And just the very simple fact that it isn't my birthday last year, has made this one all the sweeter.
For this one I am not enormously pregnant. I'm not on the edge of my seat anticipating the ordeal of childbirth, or facing those really tough first months as a mom. Which made this one amazing right off the bat.
Things I will want to remember:
-That the first thing that Greta said when she woke up was "It's mommy's birthday today!"
-The chocolate pie my mom made for me, in the way only my mom could make. And all the thoughtful cleaning she did around our house. It is SO much fun having someone mop your floor for you, and deep clean the bathrooms. That's love.
-The "Birthday Walk" Kent did for me, (which was more of an excited cantor or trot). Him taking over the days kid duties, and our family's special version of Happy Birthday with the ukulele.
-The friendly little drop ins from friends around town, and the loving well wishes from friends and family far away.
Well, this is my last year to enjoy my 20s. I have already decided to make the most of it by finishing War and Peace, and buying all new underwear.
30 is on the horizon so I guess it's time to start taking things like these seriously.

No comments:
Post a Comment