Happy Memorial Day everyone!
We are filled with thanks today.
Firstly, we are thankful for the men and women who we honor today, who served our country so selflessly, and at great cost.
Next, for a home that smells like homemade Italian meatballs, (and the husband who loves making them!) Also, it's peony season, and I simply can't get enough. This is a picture of last year's - I haven't even started on photographing this year's peonies. Oh, but I'll get there.
And then at long last, for the homecoming of my Dear Sarah! One whole year on a Mercy ship docked in Africa, and tonight she comes home to us, even if just for a few days.
I will not be blogging, but rather buzzing and orbiting around her, making meals this week from our list of Greatest Hits, playing the games we love, and doing whatever else her heart desires.
Oh my gosh, seriously, those meatballs. Can you smell them? Amazing.
Monday, May 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment