Saturday, May 18, 2013

Fun with Rainbow Chard

I couldn't resist bringing some rainbow chard home from the farmers market today. I've admired it week after week. But in a fit of "Just say yes" spontaneity I finally scooped some up.
Look at those beautiful colors! I've never prepared it before, and really to eat it was the not the first thing on my mind when I bought it.
Mostly I just wanted to take thousands and thousands of pictures of it. So beautiful, cheerful, unusual, and I suspect healthy. In the end I added it to a simple Spring pasta, and it was awesome because garlic makes everything awesome, but it tasted almost exactly like a beet top to me. So yay, if you like beet tops.
But before we cooked it up, we had a little fun with it...




Have you seen these in the market before? Pick some up next time! Even if you don't want to eat it, it looks beautiful just in a glass of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment