Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Class in Session


I've really been enjoying the slow, flexible, pace of our Summer days.
But besides being able to lay in bed a little longer, I think Greta pines for preschool.
She misses the structure, the kids, the teacher to be in awe of, so to cope we end up spending about 80% of each day in some sort of imaginary class.
This little one has a pretty packed schedule actually.
There's craft class, snack class, dance class, song class, and my personal favorite: sleep class, which is where you carry a blanket around with you and practice sleeping in different places around the house.

For craft and dance class I'm teacher*, and for snack class I'm "Chef". For song and sleep classes I'm exempt from leadership since it's an independent study she likes to do in another room.

And then, for a twist around noon each day Greta and I change roles (at her insistence) and she becomes the mommy while I get to be Greta Girl.
However there's no real change of power as I still make lunch and do all the tasks I usually do, only at this time Greta (as me) gets to repeatedly ask me if I would like some water? And I go get water from the sink (as Greta Girl) and she applauds me when I return at doing such a good job learning to get water from the sink.
Sound confusing? It is a little.
I love her sweet imagination so much, and I treasure my part in it, seriously, it will be something I will always cherish about our days together.
Buuuut, I think school in a month will be good for her, and I think I'm going to find a lot of comfort in finally knowing who I am at any given moment.

* Mrs. Feather-Bottom or Weather-Bottom....I keep naming myself something-bottom but she doesn't even laugh! School is very serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment