Sunday, October 6, 2013
Longest-Ever Weekend
What a great week.
Kent took the whole work week off last week, to use up some "use it or lose it" vacation time before things get crazy through the end of the year.
So we have had ourselves a great little home staycation.
And we didn't fill the week with house renovations, or travel, or even capital P Plans.
But we did:
-Make an epic homemade biscuits and gravy breakfast. Where we both did our personal bests in both sausage gravy and cheddar/herb biscuit categories. And then spent the rest of the day patting ourselves on the back and saying things like " No seriously, we should open up a biscuit restaurant!"
- Dedicate a whole morning to The Great Waffle Debate: Belgian vs American waffles. I favor Belgian, while Kent prefers its smaller squared counterparts. Well, how are we going to buy a waffle iron that day if we don't....
Start a heated debate on Kent's Facebook feed resulting in 45 passionate and surprisingly scientific comments, all culminating in a landslide victory for Belgian Waffles, the peoples choice.
Is it coincidence that I ate a homemade Belgian waffle this morning?
-All the weekday things I do with the kids together, making the library, Target, Trader Joes, and preschool drop off/pick ups waaay more fun in the process. (Seriously, I'm worried now. How did I do all of this by myself before? And How will I do it again this week? Life just got too easy.)
- Have friends over for Kent's Spaghetti and Meatballs and Chocolate Guinness Cake, then cracking open War of the Ring (the epically proportioned LOTR board game, that took 2 hours just to begin going over the rules.)
-Laundry, Goodwill drop offs, organize closets, and various chores to muster up appetites and keep us feeling useful.
-Watch a ton of Bob's Burgers.
-Meet our friend Richard for lunch and go record shopping in Ballard and Fremont, where we met an orange man* on a run who gave G a pair of glasses, which was both not surprising (for Fremont) and the cherry on top of a great afternoon.
"It was a good day. And at the end I got orange glasses from an orange man." -G
It has all felt like one heap long, awesome, lazy weekend. And I am bracing myself for this next week like a nude man about to do a polar swim.
Say a little prayer! Here we go...
*Literally head to toe, faceless, spandex suit of neon orange.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment