Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Beck & Parsley


Since Spring is really all that I can talk about these days, I thought I'd share two of my favorite Spring companions.
Beck's new album Morning Phase (which sounds like pure contentment feels), and fresh parsley.
Seriously parsley is 79 cents at the store and can act as bouquet for the table, and that extra pinch of Spring freshness in pasta, soup, or sprinkled over potatoes.
I refuse to stop putting it on everything! Never mind that I am the only one in my family that doesn't pick it off again. It's bright and perfect and needs everything. 
So much like my campaign to get everyone on board with fresh tomatoes, I will serve it again and again until I have worn away any resistance. Parsley will triumph!

Now this approach may sound extreme, but it's seriously things like Beck and Parsley that are helping me keep it together this week.
A tenacious cold has weaseled it's way into our home, and we are all scratchy throats, coughs, and snots around here. As of today I've got it too and I am making bad decisions based off of whatever the path of least resistence is. You want that? Suuuuuure.
So everything is cancelled and we are just chilling at home watching Greta reenact the entire movie of Frozen. Let me explain that this is in no way an exaggeration.
I need you to understand this.
She is currently in the next room reenacting the entire movie. Everyone's lines, songs, and humming the background score including appropriately timed music swells and crescendos. She finishes only to begin again.

So you see, I need the Parsley, and the Beck that makes me feel like I'm wrapped in paradise.
My Springtime companions are here to hold my hand.

1 comment: