As per tradition, we went down to my mom's house and a couple of our friends and their sweet families joined us.
So the house was crawling with kids! Just how my mom likes it.
And I think the endless festivities: egg dying, party games, cookie decorating, gifts and treats, along with 2 egg hunts, kind of blew their little minds.
I know the Mediterranean feast blew mine. (grilled lamb + tzazkiki, still thinking about it.)
There was an egg decorating contest for the adults, which I never can seem to win. My record is 1 in 5 years I think, and this year I was sitting cozy in last place. Which is probably due to the fact that my friends and family are a load of over achievers. Attaching eggs to shoes, fruits, and vegetables, and aging shells in coffee. Nonsense.
We were also introduced us to a new egg tradition.
Have you heard of Cascarone Eggs? They are basically hollowed out eggs filled with confetti. Here's a cute diy. And the tradition is that when the children find them they are supposed to crack them on their parent's head!
It was a lot of fun, and added an extra level of frenzy to the egg hunt chase. However it being Oliver's first egg hunt, he might have caught on to the wrong idea. He spent the day beating real hard boiled eggs on to his own head, with gusto! Kind of like, oh I guess this is how you do it huh? Resulting in our entire batch of newly dyed eggs pretty battered*.
We had a carload of confetti haired parents, and tuckered out, sugared up kids on the way home, and I wouldn't wonder if Oliver had a headache to go with it.
It was a very festive celebration, for a most hope filled day!
He is risen!

*Which actually solves the years problem of what do we do with all these eggs we don't want to eat, but feel bad about throwing out!



Well, actually the tradition is for the kids to crack them on each other's head, but I was afraid of the potential of tears.
ReplyDelete