Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fresh Starts.

Spring is so hopeful isn't it?
Energy and anticipation is all tied up with Spring. Oliver came to us in brand new Spring, and I smile to think about anticipating his arrival almost 2 years ago now. Although in his case, I think there was too much waiting involved.
But flowers, farmers markets, playing at parks, and outdoor living is just around the corner.
And with it, interest in projects around the house also kick into high gear. Painting this, planting that, building this & that fills up most of our conversations these days.
And at the top of the list is our biggest project to date. We are in talks with a few contractors about building an addition on to the house!
Can I get 3 cheers for a little extra Walter wiggle room? (The plans include an added family room downstairs and office/guestroom.)
It's something that has been on our radar for few years now, but the plans have been chilling on our fridge month after month as we wrestled with the idea "Do we move - start over?" or "Do we stay and keep investing?".
It took a lot of time, prayer, and looking at houses around the area that we didn't love, to finally come to the decision to stay.
And when we did we found ourselves relieved, and excited! We get to continue to fall in love with our house, and work on the things that we don't.
So now at ever corner I think "We should really do something about that: crack in the molding, wiggly step, light fixture, backyard." Because we aren't going anywhere, it's ours to fall in love with.
Yep, it's an exciting time!
Winter is for staying in and savouring, but Spring is about jumping out of your chair and starting something new!
What are your plans?

Ps- I took this picture in the Home Depot parking lot. Oh Spring, I love how you make the humble parking lot look so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment