Friday, August 6, 2010
More books!
Ugh! The new Corlalie Bickford-Smith hardback series has my heart pitter-pattering.
I have seen a few of the new ones, but seeing them all lined up is such a beautiful sight.
Even if you don't love to read, aren't they the most delicious eye candy?
I think I am more vulnerable to their charms because I finished my latest book* last night and I am in search of my next.
I usually follow a certain genre or time period for a few books in a row to flavor one another. But as my last one was a lack luster mystery I am happy to start a new reading cycle. Any recommendations? What's your all time favorite read?
(May it be known that I usually stick to Fiction & books that aren't too thoroughly bleak.**)
*Aunt Dimity Slays the Dragon. I was charmed by it's snappy cover, but the book was blah and the dialogue was stiff as cardboard. I tell you, good design can sell me almost anything.
** As I hurl myself into books body and soul, classics with heavier themes (Les Miserables, Uncle Tom's Cabin, anything Russian) have adverse effects on me. Including but not limited to isolation, unwillingness to communicate, spontaneous outbursts of tears, and in some rare cases bouts of fists pumps. "But why God!?"
As a courtesy to my family I read these sparingly, carefully avoiding holidays and busy seasons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I LOVE BOOKS! especially pretty ones. now.... to have all the money in the world.... xo,meg
ReplyDeleteI know the perfect book series for you! It's by Shannon Hale- Goose Girl, The Princess Academy, and Enna Burning. I can lend you the first two :)
ReplyDeleteIf you want to try another mystery, one of my favorites is 'Murder Must Advertise' by Dorothy Sayers. It's complicated and British, but the dialogue will certainly not put you in mind of anything like cardboard. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the ideas ladies:)
ReplyDeleteSarah- I remember you mentioning them to me before! I hop skipped over to the library tonight and brought home a couple Sayers per your request:) There will be reads tonight!
Leslie- Looking forward to lending yours as well!