Saturday, February 26, 2011

Whisked away to the city.

Kent says that the last time he successfully surprised me with anything was the day he proposed.*
Bothered by that, he stealthily planned a little one night get-away to the city for us last night.
I knew we were going to dinner at Ipanema while my dad watched Thing, but I didn't know that he had rented a hotel at the Harbor Steps for the night and bused into the city that day to bring an overnight bag and plant surprises at the hotel and restaurant.
Points.
We dined sloooowly, as any parent of a toddler could appreciate, and discovered a beautiful little bar an elevator ride from our room for a late night cap (lecosho!)
This morning was a-freezing cold but I couldn't bare being so close to the market and not stopping by for flowers and hot greasy donuts like a couple of care free swells.
I can't wait for our local farmers market season to start again. There isn't a happier thing you could possibly do on a Saturday morning. So today felt quite the treat.
(Thanks Love!)

*Which is true.
** Brazilian steak house with 15 kinds of meat served table side on swords. Nom!

4 comments:

  1. Just found you...and I am thinking you are talking about Seattle...my favourite place ever...I live in Vancouver BC so we are always down your way. So glad you had such a lovely time...JOY x100 I would say.
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Koralee! Yep, we call the Seattle area home, and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else! it's great to "meet" you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Kent to knock it off, he's making it harder for the rest of us! ;) Glad you enjoyed your night out. I know Thing is everything, but sometimes you need grownup time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh how fun!!! Way to go Kent :)

    ReplyDelete