Monday, February 28, 2011

Moi?

This weekend I was pleasantly surprised to find that Kate from Jaditekate and Ashlyn from Pinecone both passed me along the Stylish Blogger Award! (It reminds me of the Christmas Story when Mr. Parker wins his "Major Award"..."It's all mind power you see, mind power".)
So recipients are supposed to say 7 things about yourself...If you've followed my blog for any amount of time you probably already know enough about me to satisfy, but for you new friends here goes.....

1. I was born in the wrong era, I'm almost sure of it. Besides our advances in health care and sanitation, I prefer most things* pre 1970.

2. My daily uniform consists of a black/blue and white stripes and a pair of bright yellow rain boots with blue whales on them. ( I'm just not myself all Summer without them.)

3. I love the Beatles. I borrow trouble by imagining the day my favorite Paul McCartney passes away...I'm planning him a party.

4. I don't buy into this florescent light bulb malarchy. I plan on buying out the worlds store of old timey energy wasting bulbs so that I don't have to live the rest of my life under the soul sucking glare of fluorescents.

5. I love words. Big, colorful, descriptive, well chosen, made up, or the occasional well timed salty word pleases me to no end.  We use and abuse words around here.

6. I eat a full 4th meal at 10:00 every night.

7. I am mean as dirt when playing board games. And my husband loves to play board games. So I'm mean as dirt a lot.

Now, it's time to pass it on to a few of my favorite design blogs:
-Door Sixteen
-Stephmodo
-Alilovescurtis
-LoxPapers
-Twig&Thistle
Some of these are long time favs, and a few are recent discoveries...but if you love a daily dose of design of all kinds, they are a treat to comb through.


*Movies, Books, Fashion, Music, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading your 7 things.
    A "major award" twice...pretty impressive!
    Have a great day,
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your well deserved award!!

    ReplyDelete