Thursday, July 14, 2011

Leavenworth.

While Kent's parents were here we decided to do one day in Leavenworth.  Leavenworth is a sweet German town nestled in the Cascade mountains. It's a total tourist town (super clean, endless shops of knick knacks, and so dedicated to the German theme that it's almost a little Disneylandish). I haven't been since I was a girl, but it's just as enchanting and friendly as I remembered. The old lederhosen wearing bear was still there on the same park bench (if not a little worse for the weather), the schnitzel & spaetzle was wunderbar, and we had a great afternoon enjoying the company of our east coast family who we don't see nearly enough.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, sorry I missed 'em, but glad you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are great! I have always wanted to go to Levenworth I've heard great things. Also I'm a bit jealous seeing you wearing jackets. I need a big Washington bubble right about now:)

    ReplyDelete